PROPHET StatGuide: t Test--Testing equality of means
The full version of StatGuide for the t test will be available in a
future release. In the meantime, to properly analyze and interpret
results of the t test, you should be familiar with the following terms and
If you are not familiar with these terms and concepts, you are advised to
consult with a statistician. Failure to understand and properly apply t
Tests may result in drawing erroneous conclusions from your data.
Additionally, you may want to consult the following references:
- Brownlee, K. A. 1965. Statistical Theory and Methodology
in Science and Engineering. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Daniel, Wayne W. 1995. Biostatistics. 6th ed.
New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Miller, Rupert G. Jr. 1986. Beyond ANOVA, Basics of Applied
Statistics. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Rosner, Bernard. 1995. Fundamentals of Biostatistics.
4th ed. Belmont, California: Duxbury Press.
- Sokal, Robert R. and Rohlf, F. James. 1995. Biometry. 3rd. ed.
New York: W. H. Freeman and Co.
- Zar, Jerrold H. 1996. Biostatistical Analysis. 3rd ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ:
Do a keyword search of PROPHET
Back to StatGuide home page.
Last modified: February 14, 1997
©1996 BBN Corporation All